Serving and Growing in the Dominican Republic
Since 2010, BTI360 has been partnering with Compassion International to help free children in the Dominican Republic from poverty. BTI360 sponsors 26 children in the D.R., helping ensure they get the care, nutrition, and education they need to thrive.
In 2013 we took our first trip to the Dominican Republic to visit our sponsor kids. It was such a success, that it has become an annual tradition. We’ve formed close friendships and had a small part in strengthening the families and communities there.
Last month, seven BTI360 teammates took a 5-day trip to visit Santo Domingo and San Cristobal, the two cities where we’ve focused our efforts.
- New teammates meeting their sponsor kids for the first time
- Visiting the child survival program
- Home visits with sponsor families
- Serving meals to children in the Compassion centers
- Visiting the water purification center BTI360 sponsored in San Cristobal
- Playing softball with D.R. youth
- Taking sponsor children, parents, and tutors to the zoo
- Hearing stories of adults who have graduated from the sponsorship program
- Eating great meals, laughing a lot, and growing closer as a team
Why We Go
Serving and giving back is one of our passions at BTI360. We think serving is the right thing to do, and as we’ve made it an intentional part of our business we’ve found that there are lots of beneficial side effects too. Trips like this push us outside of our comfort zone, give us perspective, and help us grow as individuals and as a team.
Like What You Hear? Work Here!
Are you a software engineer interested in joining a fun company with a heart for giving back to others? Then you’re in the right place! Check out our current Career Opportunities on Life @ BTI360. We’re always looking for like-minded engineers with a heart for serving others to join the BTI360 family.
Other popular posts on Giving Back to Others:
Servant Leadership in Action – A Day with Habitat for Humanity 2017
Are You in the Business of Doing Good?